<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Hollywood 

Today, a film about a movie about making movies.

Lots of levels in the Coen Brothers'

Hail Caesar (2015)

with a lot of stars including George Clooney and the Coen cast.

There is a lot to be enjoyed in this. But once is enough for me.

There comes a point where parodying a parody becomes lame and boring and, watch out, it is very difficult to be original. The Coen's trademark.

They already did a movie film, Barton Fink and that was enough already.

There are too many easy targets for this to be any more than amusing. I will give it a 3 out of Netflix5 as one more time would be too much for me.

I sense that I am in the minority here. Well, so be it. My usual place I guess.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?