<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Family stories 

There are all kinds of family triangles.

This one is about a Mom and her two kids, brother and sister.

Ma Saison Preferee / My Favorite Season (1996)

I was an only child. This film helps me be relieved that is the case.

My Mom was a lot like this one, very self centered. It took all I had to please her. Maybe with a sibling there would have been some help but I think it would have been more like the situation in this film.

André Techiné weaves a great story. The seasons roll. The situation alters but does not change.

This is mostly people talking but still, there is action. You just have to pick it up in the dropped phrases and the eye rolls. Subtle.

Just like life.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?