<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 09, 2016

Blythe spirit 

Today's film has many favorite actors in it.

Blythe Danner stars as a long time widow who has a re-awakening in the love department. Danner has been around a long time. I saw her in many films and television dramas. She is still going strong.

I'll See You In My Dreams.

In fact, one of the other actors, Sam Elliot, is the real reason I ordered this. But there are lot of other reasons it is a fine film.

Of course, I would be a sucker for a movie about late age romance. In this case with two men, not one.

It is not exactly clear why, other than fate and circumstance, this awakening occurs but that is OK. It is enough to say it is/was because they needed to make this film.

And it is about aging. Not a popular Hollywood subject, so we should take what we can get. In fact it celebrates age. Great!

There is no smirk in this film at all. No pandering.

Look, as the famed Betty Davis said "old age is not for sissies" and this woman in this film is no sissy.

I enjoyed it very much and will give it a 3 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?