<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 21, 2016

And waiting 

The story of the Stonewall riots needs a good film to tell its story.

Today's film is not it.

Stonewall (2015)

Bloated and sometimes incoherent this film is chock full of over the top gay stereotypes.

It does show what we are all up against in the continuing struggle for equality for gay men, women and young people.

Especially the kids.

Of course I was not there either. But I have read and heard about it from people who were.

But then the Stonewall riots are like a lot of other special events. If all the people who say they were there were actually there it would have been a junta with no survivors on the straight side.

So, too bad most of it is a FF to get through the pain. I did finish it but at warp speed. Maybe I did the skipping over the good parts but I do not think so.

A sad 2 out of Netflix5.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?