<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

eco-disastrous 

I do almost all my personal shopping on line.

In a word, Amazon.

Everything. Add in the Gap, Lands End and some others and I am getting a box a day.

Somehow it seems OK to me even if it is not. After all, I do not drive at all. Yes to the Ralphs for groceries. Yes to something else I cannot think of.

So I am a contributor to the new pollution.

E-Commerce: Convenience Built on a Mountain of Cardboard

It says here that the tradeoff from vaporous transmission to cardboard recycling is nil or near zero. Just a different form of fucking up the environment.

I do not believe it.

Well, yes I do.

More accurate to say that I believe it sort of but am not going to start driving around to get stuff.

Of course, I could do with less stuff. But what is the good of that?

Come on. Don't hate. You believe this too.

And I do not want to know your opinion.

Without any information, I have decided that the recycling of cardboard is great and that the financial incentive for recyclers is positive.

Evidently I would be wrong.

But I am not going back to Macy's and the book stores and all that.

I could do without any more stuff, right? I can hear you saying that. To me. Not to yourself.

No way.

Someone is going to have to find a way out of this latest mess in a long history of messes by homo sapiens.

Did you notice that I am in a circular argument here? And can't get out?

Well, yes I can too. And here I go. Over and out. No hate mail please.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?