<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Doc-king reigns 

Frederick Weisman is the rock god of documentaries.

Rock, because his vision for a documentary film is revolutionary. It is a bit hard to see this now as Weisman came along quite awhile with his approaches and so we expect the quality and insight that he delivers.

Here, he examines the British

National Gallery (2014)

in which we see the works, the people, the public, the experts, even the paint down to the framing.

It is three hours long and two sittings do not disrupt the watching of this excellent movie.

I am not an art fan. So I am not a good critical observer. I just sit and let it sink in. In that way, I suspect, an ideal audience for the Weisman approach to things including empty halls waiting for someone to show up. The ambient sound.

Wonderful. I would not mind seeing it again, in fact, I think that I will.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?