<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 08, 2016

Weekend 

This is a Canadian film about five people who talk a lot.

And spend a weekend together.

It is a Canadian film and one has to know that Canadians refer to the United States as America.

It is useless to talk them into the proposition that they and we are North America and that they are Americans too.

Probably because American has become a slam in some circles.

This movie would be one of those circles.

It is a seven or more friends on a weekend together. Talking.

There is the know it all, the sybarite, the moralist and as usual the gay one who is sort of unhappy but not really as he has the ability to see through all the bullshit.

That power to see is not actually an asset as it involves seeing the truth and the truth about ones friends is not often something one wants to focus on.

Le déclin de l'empire américain / The Decline of the American Empire (1986)

I liked it. It is interesting and makes us think, or at least me, and I like Canadians.

This is actually a French Canadian film, in French, Quebecois and I suspect that all the other Canadians are lumped into the "Empire" as well.

I would not mind seeing it again. That makes it a surprising 4 on my 5 point esrose scale. Worth another look but I do not plan on buying it.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?