<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Passed!!! 

I went to take my written drivers test today,

In California, people over 70 have to go in every five years to be "looked at".

It is not a cursory examination. There is an eye test right at the sign in.

Then on to a written test which is not easy.

If you want to have some fun, take the practice test(s) California DMV Practice Tests

I have been scheduled for a test today, the written one only, for about a month. In the last few days I have been shitting bullets over it.

I learned tha last time we did this that it should be taken seriously. As I recall, I flunked and had to go back another time.

So I have been stretched out the last few days. Not freaking but just at an edge. I suppose a good one.

This morning I got the old training morning heaves. The dry choking.

It has been a long time since I have had any of that.

Well, actually, it is always present in a light form.

As you probably know, I pray about stuff in my own way. So I took the advice that I hand out to people and sat with this and asked for help.

Not with the test. I do not think God delivers answers to which turns are illegal. But there is relief from "the bondage of self". And I got that.

By the time I got to the DMV I was cruising.

I went to the designated "appointment" line and there was one guy ahead of me. He turned and smiled (very cute) and then turned again and he had a familiar symbol on the back of his jacket. He has three years in the same Program.

Just what I needed. He was not there for a test just some paperwork as a limo driver and also to give me a bit of a jolt of knowing all was OK.

Even if I flunked it was OK.

But I did not. I passed. Got one wrong (you can "skip" three) and then was out of there. Less than half an hour door to door.

My new license will be in the mail and I am good for another five years.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?