<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 14, 2015

Test anxiety 

I went to the DMV to schedule my written test to renew my driver's license.

It wasn't too bad. I didn't have to stand in line too long. I had made an appointment. But they made you stand in line anyway. It would not be the DMV experience otherwise. Standards.

They are pretty smooth. And nice. And at least for me who bridles at any form of authority, painless.

They seem to know that most of us do not want to be there. Perhaps they do not want to be there either.

But we have a job to do.

I do not begrudge the testing especially for the codger. Me, now.

It is worrisome that in a place like Palm Springs, over half the drivers are geriatric.

In a way, I wish that the tests were more frequent but somewhere, somehow, some social scientist studied this and found that seven is the right number.

I liked the egalitarianism of it all. The good natured camaraderie (check out that first time spell right) of it all.

The friendly nod. The knowing glance.

And the people, the guy, at the desk. Competent and quick and helpful.

Of course, this is just the appointment.

They give the ability to schedule on line and I tried that. No dice.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?