<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 14, 2015

Preaching to the choir 

Every now and then I watch a muckraking movie just to keep my perspective balanced.

Today's film features many of my old corporate clients. Only this time it is all about what a bunch of deceitful bastards they are.

Merchants of Doubt (2015)

If you think that industries under fire for bad things try to defend themselves then you are right. Why not?

But sometimes they use unethical means to do their work. This is sort of the message of this film.

It is the "sort of" part that is hard to decipher.

I have no doubt that the people who make fire retardant materials try to deflect criticism over their use. But then, what?

We live in a complex society and so the consumer always has to watch his or her ass.

Buyer beware.

Then there are bigger issues what affect us communally. The environment, warming. All that.

There is a lot of soap box in this film and not many suggestions on an alternative to just being a better, wiser consumer. Or something.

Some of us belly up to the bar and buy this shit anyway.

I am not too disturbed by any of it. I worry about long term affects. But I do not know what else I can do except to vote for people who might be good at turning these barbarians back at the gates.

A 3 out of Netflix5.

A little more fire in the belly please. Too sedate.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?