<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 23, 2015

Activist critic 

I remember one man who always, always, had something to say about the gay rights fight; something that I wanted to read and think about.

He was also an indefatigable decoder of film. Old movies that hid gay themes in plain sight. Modern films that did the same more painfully. Vito caught them out and brought them out, out, out!

That guy gets his own documentary now.

Vito 2011)

Well, not now for the doc but now for me. I had missed it when it came around.

But it is television, so it goes. Teevee and I do not see each other.

But I finally saw this wonderful film and recommend it to anyone who wants to see the full bloom of the gay rights movement and one of its birth fathers.

A 5 out of Netflix5.

I will be seeing the film version of his Celluloid Closet again soon.

It is not available for sale new. I will have to buy a good used one. Unused costs 400 plus dollars.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?