<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Independent 

Some of us are better with fireworks than others.

Marcus can take them or leave them. In fact, he is/was an unknown about it. This is his first Fourth with us.

The 'works are nearby. Less than a quarter of a mile at the ball park up the street. So there is no hiding out.

We decided that Marcus would stay home and that I would stay home with him. John would walk over and sit in the bleachers and watch the show. It is a show now. They synch it with music which John says wasn't very well done.

Marcus and I didn't notice the music part.

Marcus was reclining in "his" easy chair on the other side of the room. I went to sit next to him when the first "boom" went off. I had some FM music on. Testament of Freedom*. An old favorite actually. We sang it the year I was in the MIT Glee Club. Before I had to give it up. My marks were suffering.

I love the piece and Marcus and I sat together and listened. I pet his head. But comfort was not needed. Affection is always welcome of course.

And so it went. Nicely and gently. For a few of the big bombs bursting in air he looked up and cocked his head. No big deal.

John came home directly and I went to bed. Late for me. But then that is just fine on such a great holiday.

*The Testament of Freedom by Randall Thompson. Army Chorus & Turtle Creek Chorale. Boost your volume a little! Best played at full force.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?