<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Doped up 

I don't know much about amphetamine.

It is speed. The opposite of what I would go for if I were using.

Today's film does go a long way to describe the dysfunction that the drug brings on. Aptly titled

Amphetamine (2010)

Ostensibly, a gay romance by the Asian director SCUD, this film shows what can happen when an out, professional salaryman courts the attentions of a hustler who uses.

Nothing good ensues.

Except for some wonderful, beautiful love scenes and a lot of handsome naked men.

This is part of our DVD collection as are several more films from the same director.

This is one where it is probably wise to just sit back and enjoy the eye candy while the melodrama rolls.

Under normal circumstances, a 3 out of Netflix5 although this is the second or third time I have seen it.

I will be looking at SCUD's other work next.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?