<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 06, 2015

And the flag was still there..... 

They are still fighting the Civil War.

And race baiting. And all the rest.

I am not going to even reproduce one of the articles about these shit kickers who insist on wearing, flying, applying the Confederate Flag.

These are the last gaspers.

Amazing.

You do not have to go too far in the South to hear from racist bullshit.

But, that is not their exclusive province.

I can go to the north where we lived a long time. Boston.

It is the one thing that is present regardless of location.

It is just that they still fly the fucking flag.

I am personally disgusted by it. The phony excuse of tradition and whatever the hell else they come up with.

It is the same old defiance of both logic or, if I may say, even old time religion of which a lot of these motherfuckers reek.

And so on.

I am tired of it.

I grew up with it, I have lived with it and presumably it will last long after me.

And I have my own demons about this.

I am not pure. I have had and still do have racial "feeling", racist tendencies.

But as a gay man, white, I have had some taste of the unspoken bias that surrounds anyone who is different.

And so on.

I lived in the South. For awhile. It is a strange place. Losing does that. Makes otherwise nice people strange.

The plight of poor whites is somehow salved with a little hatred of other others. The well to do maintain their distance with noses raised.

As to the confederate flag. Give it up. It is not even amusing. It is not a sign of anything except retro thinking.

The South will not rise again but some unevolved knuckle draggers are still hoping for a little taste of it.

They are not called "rebels" for nothing.

Rebels, shit. They are poor excuses for Americans.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?