<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Up Hill 

In New Hampshire it is all Hillary all of the time.

No. She is not running there. But the GOoPers are and their theme seems to be "vote for me, I hate Hillary more than them".

It is laughable. Negative campaigning is not new for the Republicans. It is their daily bread. What else can they run on? The record of George Bush? I mean the one that came second in the bushie wave.

They are a contemptible lot with nothing to say about themselves. They scramble for first dibs at the table with no experience except as naysayers and, it seems, nincompoops.

Take Rand Paul. An eye doctor who is trying on his father's big boy pants.

Ted Cruz, an empty smirking shell.

Carly Fiorina a joke this week on cable news. Even without sound I could see the stage fright in her eyes. No national leader.

Oh, I don't want to recite it.

I actually like Jeb Bush in a "nice guy" kind of way. I think he would run a gentlemanly campaign whatever that could be these days.

It might even have some interesting policy issues to bandy about with Ms. Clinton.

As for the rest of them, mostly road kill from the past. Professional politicians with the slickness sort of worn off.

There. I have had at it for today.

I miss Mitt.

If nothing else, he was a professional candidate. Every year, year without end, totally predictably boring and a bit smug. Consistency of message whether we liked it or not. We didn't.

These people. Time for the Republicans to shake the box some more.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?