<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Torture of teens ended 

One of the most egregious acts of the right wing is their support of conversion therapy for their own transgender and gay children. So far.

Obama to Call for End to ‘Conversion’ Therapies for Gay and Transgender Youth

This should, of course, not even be necessary. It would be expected that professional standards for doctors of the mind and body would ban such practices.

But they do not.

There is a lot of basis for helping gay and lesbian and transgender teens. But not to change. Rather to have and develop a sound basis for accepting who they are and support in this crucial phase of life.

I had no reparative therapy. Mine was induced by fear and loathing of who I realized I was.

Societal conditioning already exists but in an unhealthy way.

I do not regret my life at all. I have no desire to relive it.

But had I the chance to choose as a teen I honestly do not know how I would do that.

The fact is that where and how I grew up there would be no easy path. But today, in various areas of the country there is support. And kids should have it.

There will always be closet cases either self chosen or pressured from outside. Everyone must find his or her own way. But they should not be hindered.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?