<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Techine 

I have run behind on my Netflix queue and need to fill in a bit.

So, it will be Andre´Téchiné to the rescue.

Today, Catherine Deneauve and Patrick Dewaere in Hotel Des Ameriques / Hotel America (1981) in which a tourists meets a local girl and has a touch and go relationship. Mostly go. Alienation, fear of intimacy on a cosmic scale.

There is a mild gay undercurrent in the film as various other people around the principals play the dance of the veils.

Here I am, no I am not I am over there. I am not anywhere for you. Well, yes I could be.

The French are superb at this kind of double talk and Téchiné has captured it here.

There is some gorgeous cinematography here as people come out of the dark into the scene and return again to the nether regions.

Very enjoyable.

A 5 out of Netflix5 since I obviously liked all of his work enough to see it again.

Mine had subtitles!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?