<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Quiet 

The city is very peaceful this weekend.

That is because they are all at The Coachella Valley Arts and Music Festival in Indio.

Fortunately they are way down there and not anywhere near up here although all our hotels are filled with Coachella guests.

I don't know much about it. It is a world that passed by me. Or I passed by it. I know about or have heard of exactly two of the acts before. And only by reputation.

I am glad they are doing it. It is good for the economy. But I can't help but think that it may not be very good for the desert.

Or, what the hell. The desert is pretty barren. It isn't as though anything was disturbed for the fest to happen. Just wildlife, the ecology and the neighbors.

Curmudgeon.

The desert is still considered a dump by some.

The evidence for that is strewn along the highways and even in the fields.

It was always thus.

Of course, I am doing my part. Grassing over a part of it and using up the water we do not have. I sit on the condo board. We will be turning off the spigots soon.

But I digress.

Let's have some music and keep the hotels going. By all means.

They chose a good time incidentally. This is the prime time of the year. Temperatures and conditions. No rain. No clouds. There will be a lot of sunburns though.

They are considering going to January but I am not sure that is a good idea. It can get cold and there are the winter rains. But they won't ask me, huh?

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Like:
ac/dc
alabama shakes
bad religion
belle and sebastian

heard but no so much:
florence + the machine
interpol
jack white (extra yuck)
kasabian
reverend horton heat
ryan adams (should)
st. vincent

know but not supported by the household
steely dan

there are about 100 more acts that I have either heard of (small number) or never heard of. tkr

 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?