<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Nasty 

Every once in a while I am watching a "new movie" and realize that I have seen it before.

In this case, it should have been labeled as a 1 or 2.

I suppose it is inevitable.

Anyway, this is a hyper violent stinker with a gay couple, whores, at the center of it.

Trouble, trouble and more trouble.

I got it because it stars an older but apparently not a wiser, Stéphane Rideau.

It is too bad but can't be helped.

Our Paradise (2011)

Ironic title.

Now that I have said all that, let me also say that Rideau is great. The gay stuff is very sexy. The couple is honestly a couple and just because they are both whores doesn't mean it doesn't work as a story.

It is a thriller and thrill it does. The pacing slows here and there but by the end it gallops.

So. Very mixed review from me.

I can't give it a 5 because I won't buy it and won't see it again. (Netflix usually shows me when I have rented something in the past, so, hmmm.)

So I am ambivalent. I sort of feel guilty for liking it here and there.

It is one of those films where I come away shaken but still feel dirty or something.

Perhaps this is the point of it. It is a French film.

Smirk here.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?