<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Guideless 

I always tried to take some time for touring on business trips.

Reclaiming the Age-Old Art of Getting Lost

Overseas or at home. Anywhere.

I would begin by walking, rarely took a rubberneck bus. I depended on finding what was there "by accident" or "coincidence" or "intuition". That is if someone asked.

I took a few tours here and there. Japan, for sure, in English as there is none there. Didn't we win the war? No.

Don't get me wrong, I would have a book or a guide of some sort. A plan is essential otherwise one wastes time.

But serendipity is a key ingredient of a good visit to a strange place. I would find things like graveyards. I once went to the Lamb house in England and there was cricket being played in a field below. So much for the Lambs.

Look them up.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?