<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Design 

Today's film was a documentary about design.

Eames: The Architect and the Painter (2011)

Both Charles and Ray Eames did the work but it is Charles who got a lot of the credit.

This is a moderately interesting film that sometimes teeters on the edge of over-design or TMI. But I enjoyed it and will give it a 3 out of Netflix5.

I do not worship at the church of design but I do live with a designer architect so I better watch my comments.

The Eames cannot help but be interesting as their constant self promotion almost guaranteed.

It worked. Who doesn't have or want an Eames chair or two?

Probably me. But that is another subject.

I did like the film but it could have had ten minutes lopped off at the end. There is no juice in it. They try but it is hard to reach the people behind the reputation. Perhaps that was the nature of the self promoting Eames.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?