<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Bro' 

The bond between brothers is a mystery to me.

Well, only in the sense that I was an only child.

In this film, there are two sets of brothers who end up contacting one another and, ultimately, have life happen in violent and also quiet ways.

There is also the relationship between an older and younger male sibling. The special relationship that is, for me, a mystery to experience.

I used to think that I might be gay partly because I wanted a brother. But that was my ignorance showing. I got to have a husband eventually and we are not, emphatically, brothers.

In today's film there are all these issues.

In the Arms of my Enemy (2007)

The title implies something different than the film provides which is a good thing because the "arms" turn out to be military, filial and, well, very nice as it turns out.

There is some rough stuff in this. The quality is sometimes iffy. I stayed through it and am glad that I did.

I know most of these actors from other films and they do a great job here.

I can't say a lot more without spoilers occurring.

There are some surprises. Some nice resolutions as you feel it all is not going well.

I labelled this as a "gay film" although there is no gay content. It is very interesting from a gay viewpoint however. A lot of what we feel is filial affection, I think. Especially if we were the only male child and gay in the first place.

Anyway, here it is.

A 3 out of Netflix5 as I will not see it again but I did like most of it. A good effort which does turn out to be worth the pain of the process.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?