<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 24, 2015

This came up 

I use RefDesk as my default web site.

Is that the right term?

It is where I tell my computer to go when I open a screen.

Today, "This Day In History", a regular bit each day, features

this item.

Odd that it is not a 0 or 5 anniversary, it is a 31st.

I had one of these rather soon after they came out. I was not interested in a computer before this but the friendly features and the suggestions of my knowledgable kids won me over. Never to be the same again.

I became a member of the Mac universe. Never to use a PC and even hostile to it. The evil empire MS. DOS. Whatever the hell that means.

In the beginning it was kind of a movement and Steve and the boys at Apple were our demigods.

Now I am on my fifth iteration. The big flat screen one running 10.9.5 or something. I have never looked much past the screen. The great MacAdvantage.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?