<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Theory 

Today's film was a section of the fifth season of Big Bang Theory.

I like these folks a lot. As an MIT graduate I spent a good part of my life with "them".

On the second floor of Nichols dorm, my freshman year, there were all Physics majors.

All.

As a group they are wonderful companions. They knew the best restaurants, the cheapest places to buy things, how to get along.

The opposite of the mousey introverted stereotype.

And they knew how to laugh. I was scared as hell my first year. And the other ones too. But the companionship of these generous upper classmen earned my appreciation for their craft. And physics, particularly the nuclear is a craft. Be sure of that.

When they show the labs in the show I know that they are the real thing. I have seen the interview with their science advisor. Typical funny physicist. Taking the world and himself lightly.

Today's program had the "tiara scene". I won't explain. Just that the receiver of the gift is a PhD biologist. A different kind of creature. But the same at heart. I knew some of those too.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?