<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Close quarters 

Two films, two days.

I rented them together and saw one a day.

Each puts some people in a closed room while shit happens all around them. That is the whole thing. Group decision making.

I spent my life working with this shit and now we can see it in two films with a lot more thunder and lighting than I ever saw in leaderless groups. And I saw hundreds of them. Live.

In Exam (2009), the group is assigned to figure out the question as well as the answer. The group dynamics are pretty brutal when it comes right down to it.

The second one, Fermat's Room (2007) is quite different premise but the dynamics are similar. Exacerbated by the fact that the assembled group is held in a room whose walls are tightening. They will be squashed if they fail. Many twists and turns here.

I must have lost my mild claustrophobia because I would not have been able to watch these early in my life. But now, it was OK. No freakout.

They are both pretty good, each a 3 out of Netflix5. And I don't want to write much about them because I am still a little shaky from the second one and they are the kind of films killed by talk.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?