<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Ancient 

Today is the 11th anniversary of this blog.

My first post was a review of Rififi.

You can go back and see it for yourself. Just go to the link at the right for the first month.

A trip back shows me experimenting with various setups. I actually did a red, then green, date thing for December. Yikes.

I have loved doing this thing.

I have found it a source of enlightenment as I try to look at what goes on in my life by reporting on it.

I suppose it isn't that much different than having a special friend to talk to or a husband or a neighbor.

But here the conversation is one way. I used to get comments from some people. Even some attacks which were fun. But none of this has happened in a long time.

I know that people, friends, read the blog because they comment on it from time to time in emails or conversation.

It is a very good substitute for the email newsletter. I don't do a lot of the news breaking that way that I think some people do. In a way it is not much different than folks who do the "cc: to everyone in their life" approach.

Most of all, I just enjoy doing it.

That is reason enough to decide to continue into a 12th year. To death do us part? Who knows? I preserve the option to bail out. I tried it once and came back in three months so even that is conditional.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?