<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 02, 2015

All lined up 

Today, I have worked to put all my ducks in a row.

First, we saw jackets around here. Ducks.

Then we saw newscasts. Ducks.

Who are these Ducks? What kind of name is that for a sports team?

I cannot really answer either of these questions nor do I want to.

What I do know today as there are two Ducks. Hockey ducks from Anaheim, of all places. And football Ducks from Oregon. University of.

Jesus.

The sports world sows nothing but confusion for me.

It started when they said I didn't know how to hold a bat. But then I learned that to an extent and could even get some hits. But I couldn't field very well so they put me in right. I couldn't catch because the ball stung my hand even if I could get them on the ball.

Football? We didn't have it although some boys played "touch". I liked that part but all the rest, too many rules. What is a "down"?

Basketball? I could not dribble to save my ass. I could make foul shots because Butchy DeFuria and I used to wile away the hours doing that at his house.

Anyway, I am a stereotype in that department of gay lore. A sports sissy. I guess that would be a non-sports sissy as I know a few gay men who are deeply sportified.

Here I am at the other end of my life with no knowledge and no interest in any professional or amateur sports.

Oh I did run. And ran pretty well. I could finish a half marathon. But winning never crossed my mind.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?