<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Your time is up 

I am not partial to gimmick movies.

That is where plot and character are based on some gadget. This of course eliminates a lot of science fiction from my view.

So today's film is a surprise. It has a gimmick which is that anyone who wants one can get a wrist patch that shows the date of their meeting their one soul mate. It is a rather popular device but not completely. A few of our characters have never gotten one. The girl, is has one. The guy does not. Romance ensues.

It is pretty good and there is hardly anything that I can tell you about it that wouldn't be a spoiler as there are surprises from beginning to end.

TiMER (2009)

Yes, the conceit of caps and lower case which I do not think is involved in the story. Maybe I missed it.

Let me tell you one thing about this film that is outstanding. He is John Patrick Amedori as Mikey, the grocery clerk who she falls in love with without the timer telling her he is the one. He has eschewed wearing a timer, kind of a hippy. He is fantastic.

I will give this a 3 out of Netflix 5 because I would not want to see it again. It is permanently spoiled by knowing its tricks. Unless I simply moon over John Patrick Amedori but I can go look for another film he is in.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?