<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The soap company does good 

One of my best clients has done the right thing.

Procter & Gamble Comes Out Strong For Same-Sex Marriage, Proves Inclusion Is Good Business

I forget the details but I was out there. They didn't seem to care.

I remember that I got a lot of positive support from certain people but the corporate backdrop was decidedly positive and I never felt out of place.

Of course, I never talked about it in a training but it was pretty clear to most people at the time and they were happy to be in on it.

I know for a fact that I trained a lot of gay men and women in the groups I led. Proudly.

Big companies, a lot of them, get a bad rap. This should not happen really. Dumb ideas about capitalism and all that obscure the fact of big companies in our economy and society and they can be and are a driving force for good.

I loved that the P&G-ers called it "the soap company". True enough. But Google the company and be amazed at how many companies are actually a part of the big picture.

Socially responsible. Personally supportive. I trained many of their trainers and remain friendly with a few of them today.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?