<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 06, 2014

Faces 

Images and music.

Visitors (2013)

Silent except for Philip Glass' music which is pretty listenable.

There is a trance like effect in watching this. Mostly human faces just looking back at us for about a minute, they say, although it seemed shorter.

At first, I found it kind of challenging to just watch and listen.

Nothing is said so our brain has to form its own reactions. Surprisingly this was not so much an inner voice but rather, a frame of reference. Identification with the faces. Kinship(s).

I liked it. I didn't squirm much after the first ten minutes. Getting into it is a bit like taking some medicine. It will be good for you. Once the results start kicking in then you want more. Oh. You mean like a drug? Well a little bit I think. But the film ends just about at the point I would have bailed out. Good timing.

The music is pretty tamed down Glass. Not hard to take. I had trouble figuring out who the film maker is here. Godfrey Reggio is credited but then a lot of other people are involved as well. This is the same gang that did Koyaanisqatsi, Powaqqatsi, and Naqoyqatsi. A little far out but palatable. I will give it a 3 out of Netflix5 as I would not want to watch it again. I am going to get a coke. I need something that I can listen to. Fizzzzzzzzz.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?