<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Clean as a whistle 

I am not completely sure what "clean as a whistle" means.

Well, I know what it means but I am not clear on where the expression comes from.

I looked it up here. And it explains why it is appropriate for describing "clean". Now, you do know what it means from common usage but here it tells you the down and, well, dirty, of it.

Anyway, I went to the doc today to have them look at my cut shin, my lacerations. Multiple actually. Seven stitches in one, four in another.

They are clean as a whistle. Good! But not ready to have the stitches out. I guess I was not listening. Today was not about stitches but about infection. There are no signs of it at all.

So, they patched it back up and now I can clean them every day with soap and water and put on bacitracin and then a big bandaid thing. Like I did in the beginning, right after I had the accident.

I am relieved to know that they are all right. I am happy to take proper care of it. Maybe the stitches can come out next week.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?