<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Trouble 

I feel pretty remote from the place I grew up in.

But it feels a lot closer, suddenly, when I see something about it in the news.

Manhunt Continues in Killing of Pennsylvania Trooper

All of this hits my lower spinal cord or something. The place where instinct lies. I actually felt some fear.

Weird business, this instinct stuff.

I have not been back there for awhile. Not since my mother passed. I have some cousins but I have been out of touch for a very long time. The one second cousin who I have kept up with moved to Florida last year. The last feeble connection.

But, I still have kin there so the emotions are aroused.

Sometimes, I surprise myself. That automatic self that lies hidden under the pretense and sophistication. Also the years. I haven't been in or around those "woods" for sixty years.

They sure do look the same.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?