<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 28, 2014

"Still in fuckin' Bruges" 

This is still one of my favorite movies.

I don't know when I first saw

In Bruges (2008)

I suppose six years ago. Arithmetic.

I have seen it at least five times. Once a year, sort of.

And it still works.

Written and directed by Martin MacDonaugh. That is the key. Superb work.

Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson are hit men on the run. They work for Ralph Fiennes who has sent them out of England to cool off in, of all places, Bruges, Belgium.

Because the Boss, Fiennes, had a wonderful time in the town. "It is like a fucking fairy tale, i'nt it?"

I don't know what most appeals to me in this film. Maybe just everything. The fun, the suspense, the inappropriate humor. Dwarfs. Dead kids. Cathedrals.

I don't want to tell the story because, well, you know.

And it is utterly beautiful. The city, the town, Bruges.

I feel as if I have been there. Of course, I have seen the sights five or six times.

This is such a 5 out of Netflix5!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?