<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Mad scientists 

Today's movie was the first disc of the first season of

The Big Bang Theory (2007)

It is well known that I don't watch television but if I did this would definitely be a "don't miss" series. I watched the first of three discs that cover the first season.

It was pretty good. I will watch another disc sometime soon.

There is no describing comedy. Who would guess that two physicist roommates would provide a lot of comic grist? I would. When I was at MIT I lived on a floor of almost all Physics majors. They are pretty hilarious.

There is ballast. The girl across the hall. And there is a hint of a relationship between her and one of the geeks. Just a hint. One of the guys is actually modeled on a queer stereotype, very flighty hands, but they have chosen to make him asexual. Blatantly so. It is a pretty good idea since this allows them to plug in all the funny stuff without being politically incorrect. Or homophobic.

Fact is it is played like a hidden secret. In plain view. Which I suppose makes it homophobic but I didn't take it that way. Besides, there are a lot of flighty straight guys. Just sayin'.

I will watch the second disc as I couldn't stop watching this one straight through. With the FF on the credits it takes about two hours.

So far a 5 out of Netflix5 because I am going on with it.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?