<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Quickie 

Today's movie was a charmer if slightly unbelievable.

But that is what movies are best at. Rendering the unbelievable as possible and, what's more, wonderful in only 90 minutes.

In a Day (2007)

is one of those small films that get lost in the shuffle. Big at a festival but no distribution prospects. Into the DVD slush in hopes that someone, somewhere, will eventually see them.

I liked it. I am not sure how I found out about it but probably another viewer with a DVD review column liked it too.

A young couple meets over coffee. He orders one at her coffee shop. She has been having a bad day and the guy is a bright contrast to her experience so far.

So she accepts the invite to spend the day together. And they do. And this is the result.

I liked it. It is, in a word, cute. It hit me at just the right time. I will give it a 3 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?