<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 12, 2014

Auto return 

I went and retrieved the Volvo from the dealer service today.

They had to replace a chip in the starter electronics and do some kind of upload of info.

A 21st Century ailment.

A minor annoyance which I sort of blew out of proportion. I didn't have plans for using the car. But without it I felt twinges of anxiety which made no sense.

It is my experience that trying to reason with ones self in these circumstances is not very useful. The angst is there. Trying to explain it only makes it stick out more.

There is the "do I want to go out to eat" thing. Followed by a few "what ifs" like needing it for an emergency.

And so on.

I had fun with the driver who brought me home yesterday and the car this morning.

A natural born desert rat who can't wait to get out of the desert. And that would be to Boston!

As far as he can figure to go without traveling overseas. He has a friend at Wentworth and will be going to join him. He has no idea of work once he gets there. Carefree.

He has never been cold, never seen snow, never had the pleasure of thick immovable traffic.

It made a kind of unpleasant experience interesting. I didn't need the car but doing without it felt bad. I am an American.

I don't get too nostalgic about Boston but everyone in awhile I surprise myself.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?