<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 27, 2014

And back the next day 

We went and picked up Marcus this morning and brought him back to his new home.

Not the same name we had before actually. He was "Mikey" and now he is Marcus.

We have not consulted him about this.

I was going to slide into it with Markie but John says no. I do not think Marcus gives a shit. He has enough to adapt to.

We had a good ride back. He "rode well". Meaning that he looked out the windows a lot, lay down and rested, came between our seats for a bit of a snuggle and never took a nap the entire way.

I didn't either.

At home, he seems to be taking it all in his stride. Everything is new but, at the same time, we have already started bonding. So any place we are is going to become home.

He is lying just behind me as I type. He hasn't gotten that he has a nice crate pad to lie on just in front of me. I am not the motherly type so I have not tried to get him to use the pad. All in his own time.

We have been outside and went across the way to pee and get the mail. Fortunately, while we were gone, the weather did a fast cool down so the pavement was not too hot and the air was good.

I do not know what else to say.

He is very affectionate and is interested in both of us. He does not beg in the kitchen and I am not about to get that started. So far he does not get up on beds but that is not a first day thing. He will be allowed if he wishes.

We do not know what rules he has lived by but he is in pretty good shape with his manners. Serene too. Not easily spooked. Wants to do the right thing.

He is getting the picture in a very nice way and I have caught him snoozing some.

We are just taking it easy on all of us.

John and I are reversing our walk time assignment. I am going to give the morning walk and not go to the gym. For the foreseeable future.

The dog walk will be as good as 30 minutes on a bike and the weight machines have not been taken seriously in some time. I go through the motions but at 78 I am not pushing it.

I may change this later. I will certainly miss the social time in the gym but because of attrition there are really only two or three people who I will miss. And I can always go back for a visit.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?