<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Alone, naturally 

I just left John off at Enterprise car rental.

He is driving to LA where he is taking a flight to somewhere on his trip to Italy.

Jeez. I just looked. Palermo. One hop to Italy.

I haven't been paying attention. It is a long flight but he is the man for it.

We had a nice ride to the airport and I surprised myself by getting all emotional about it.

But we did not linger.

The best way to say goodbye is to say it and get the fuck out of the way.

It is our default. The only one that works.

There is a lot to say to each other but we have already said it and the rest of it is all heart language anyway.

I met him in 1975 or 1976. I still struggle with the date.

The first few years were a struggle. Both of us were newly out and thought we had to do more "work" to find a relationship with another man.

Not knowing we already had one.

Anyway, he is off. I am glad for it. I need some space.

That will probably wear off in a few days. But for now, I can do what I want whenever I want to and not worry about bothering anyone.

Of course, I already have that anyway. We haven't been in each other's way for so long it seems second nature.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?