<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Shaken awake 

I had just gotten down for a late morning nap and things started to shake.

Earthquakes shake Southern California

It shook, then shook again and finally kept shaking. A 4.something.

When we came out here, we were very very earthquake sensitive.

I remember being at a motel for some work. The place shook one night and I went out of my room. Quickly. There was one other guy doing the same.

He was an easterner too.

Not one of the other people in the motel came out of their room. Welcome to California.

It is a little exciting but no big deal. There is no question that there is a quake happening. It is quite identifiable. It could be nothing else.

No truck out in the street next to the condo, no thunder, no nothing. An earthquake.

I am a veteran now. I just stay where I am, preferably lying down and wait. They used to say you should stay under a doorjamb but I have since been told this is not true.

Besides, there isn't a lot of time to do anything other than what you are already doing.

The epicenter was a bit north of Big Bear Lake where we were last week. Rats. We missed it.

But there was enough here to enjoy it.

The first one we witnessed was while we were at a store in Palm Desert. Shaky enough to be scary. But once one is in a series of them, they become normally abnormal.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?