<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 03, 2014

Post cook 

I should report on the CrockPot outcome last night.

Well, "should" is pretty strong.

How about "I will".

OK

I made the suggested recipe for pot roast, it came with the pot. It was pretty good.

Here is what I noticed. Maybe: slow cooking keeps the meat texture meaty and fibrously enjoyable. Definitely: for some reason, the vegetables came out better than I remember in a regular pot. So the meat got done but not at the expense of the vegetables. Is this possible?

Another definite: slow cooking enhances all flavors. Very tasty.

Slow cooking is not easier to clean up but it is no harder.

Slow cooking is fun when you are a neophyte and the whole experience is a novelty.

I do not have a next pot project outlined yet. Maybe the next time chicken comes up on the rotation of my 120 entree schedule. Of course it will do pork and poultry. It might also do lamb. Also veal, if I get over my thing about cooking baby animals.

I want to plop a whole chicken into it and see what happens. I have the recipe. It is pretty simple. I think one bay leaf or something and you just sit the chicken in there. No add ons.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?