<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Packing 

I am headed east for a whirlwind trip.

I will be touching base with people who I have not seen for awhile and may not be able to see again. I know. That is morbid. But probably more realistic.

My taste for travel waned and waned and then hit a bare minimum. So I have stayed here.

But I miss people. And I will go to them because for one reason or another it is hard or impossible for them to come see me.

I will go to Boston first and, of course, see family that is there but also some friends who are important and with whom I need a look in the eye. A touch of the hand. A soulful exchange.

After a couple of days there, I will head to London for another visit. Same thing. Long time no see. In either direction.

Then Canada, the same. Toronto.

There is not much to say about it. There are people I love who are scattered across the earth and I can get to see some of them on this run.

I will not be blogging.

I will not be taking my computer. Maybe.

I am still undecided. The iPad is ready in case. But I might just leave it at home. Bare naked travel. Take in the sights. See the people.

As I type that, it feels especially good to say.

I will take the Kindle to read and read. A lot of plane time. Sitting. Waiting.

Otherwise just me.

I will be gone for a week and so you will have to wait and hear how the trip went.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?