<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 26, 2014

One of a kind 

Today's film is irresistible although I wanted to run a dozen times.

Adams abler / Adam's Apples (2006)

with Mads Mikkelsen and many other familiar Danish actors.

Anders Thomas Jensen is the writer and director of this dark, dark, black irreligious comedy.

It is very funny and, did I say, dark. And I did like the mocking of religion. Pretty ballsy.

That said, I can say that Mads Mikkelsen is perfect as a deluded priest (minister variety not RC) who finds life's meaning in an apple tree near the church. Mikkelsen is the reason I got this. Not the apples or god.

A lot happens to and around this tree.

There is a lot of magical realism and a good supply of very disrespectful talk about and against churches of all kinds. Even God takes a beating.

But I hung in until the end and found it rewarding but not an experience I would want again.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?