<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

I can smell it 

At this moment, I have a pot roast cooking in the new CrockPot.

I have found a number of basic recipes. All the ones I first bought, books, are way to complex.

I should have known. That is what sells cookbooks. Complexity.

My experience is that the farther I stray from the basics the more effort is expended for about the same result.

So, I took refuge in the internet and found simple roasting recipes for a variety of meats.

There are also a few simple recipes in the brochure that came with the pot.

I started with one of those. Then I will move on if it is indicated, but I do not think that it will be.

Keep it simple.

I am not supposed to open it up while it is cooking 8 hours. I am supposed to be happy looking down through the glass lid which is totally steamed.

So I am taking it all on faith.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?