<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 18, 2014

Home again, home again 

I have a number of stories, all nice, about the trip.

The last and best was my rather quiet but wonderful seat mate in the waiting room who actually gave me TWO blankets. I was sooooo cold. Do they have to have it that cold???? I am desertized. The thermostat now set at a nice 75 minimum temp as “cool”. Well, 72.

The house has had (gasp) changes but then what would we expect. The bedroom is a wonderfully dark dark grey, very dark, very restful. There is some suspiciously new looking art but that might just be the new setting. You know how I notice every subtle visual thing (hardly at all unless it is on my desk).

I can also say that if you cry upon the prospect and reality of meeting your man in an airport especially as he picks you up right out of the baggage claim in a Volvo convertible, kissing long enough to earn a honking rebuke from other drivers (I think meaning get out of the way, here every male kisses other males sort of) there is still a spark, a flame, a fire of love. The mountains were lovely coming in and now on the ground. The air is cool this morning at 80F/27C just as God meant it to be.

I had such a slew of email. A sample: “Hi it’s Jolene, wanna be my fuckbuddy?” (do straight people have “fuckbuddies”? Everything “the gays” do gets appropriated. Bloody hell. See? I picked up a “bloody”).

That is it. Sunrise soon.

I am up early as you can see. That is to be expected. I like it. It is 2 AM and my usual time is 3 so I am “right on time”.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?