<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 18, 2014

Dogless 

On the way home, I thought about how there would not be a dog waiting in the car, or at the door, for my return.

John, in another vein, found that with me out of the house he was alone in a way he did not like. He had the dog thing too.

So today I will call "Aunt Rusty" at the Airedale Rescue place and put our name in.

We had planned to wait until September when both of us would be here all the time but that is not how the dog will live. We will be in and out. So the sooner the better. Besides, the dog gets spoiled when there is only one dad around. Dogs like that!

It is funny that after a long life of not wanting a dog, not really liking other people's dogs much (I still don't actually except for Booker's friends), I am now in deep need to have a dog in my life.

It is very nice to find that "at my age" (a phrase I try to avoid) there are still changes and excitements to be had.

Well, I knew this but not first hand.

Life is not a dead end.

We had thought we needed a smaller dog. But now that seems to recede in the importance. Booker was 85 big pounds but that is quite unusual. 60 is more the mean.

We are open to something other than a 'dale. Sort of. But now, an airedale, we are less fussy. We would take a younger one, an older one (4 or 5), a big one, a little one, a male or a female. We are airedale people. Period. But a welshie would be OK too.

We will let GOD/DOG hover over the process.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?