<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

OFF 

The power is being shut off and on and off and on today from about 11 AM to 4 PM.

Some mumbo jumbo about improving our service.

"A small sacrifice". Well, they didn't actually say that but it amounts to the same thing.

I am turning off the computers to avoid surge problems and we are taking off for the day to the mountains for lunch and a bit of a run around. We haven't done that for awhile.

When I was a kid, of a Sunday afternoon, my Dad would announce that we were going to take "a ride". We never knew where and what we would encounter. Well, maybe he did but I don't think so.

In those days pre television and all the other stuff this is one thing that passed for entertainment. A little gas, a little sight seeing. Home in a few hours. These were nice times. An occasion where there seemed to be a truce between my parents and my Dad was allowed to steer and decide without criticism and bickering. Or worse, pouting.

Me in the back seat doing my fantasy stuff as we went along.

I inherited this bug for driving aimlessly. I began when I was first allowed to drive. They had no idea where I went. I had some money so unless my Dad checked the milage they couldn't tell because of gas.

I was a lonely kid and this was a way to be busy alone. I didn't want or need company. A born isolator.

I don't do the ride thing anymore. Not for a long time. The urge went away I guess as business and personal stuff sent me running all around the world.

But today, we will take a ride to avoid the lights off/on thing. Idyllwild, on to the 10 over the mountain and then maybe up the other mountain to the little towns along the ridge we look at from our house. Morongo Valley, Yucca Valley, 29 Palms. Dinner out since I "won't have time" to make it when we get home. Well, I will have other things to do.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?