Thursday, May 01, 2014
Sometimes, a book is not just a book
I just finished a great book about a lost or stolen or, well maybe, non-existent book.
Strange doings for a thriller. And while it is relatively bloodless, it is an exciting experience to read
Or maybe it is CODEX. Whatever, I liked it a lot.
This is Grossman's second novel (he is the book editor at Time magazine). It moves at a nice pace as a financial analyst is hired by his clients to look for a book. He has a few weeks off between his old position and a new assignment in London and figures (wrongly) that it is an easy task to do for them. So much for his time off.
There is a little romance. The book stuff is very interesting. We learn as he goes along about antique books and how the whole buy and sell thing works for the trading in them.
If this were a movie I would rate it a 3. Good enough to keep me going not so great that I will get a hard copy so I can read it again later.
I liked Grossman's first book about magicians. Well not really that but this is not about his first book. Look it up.
Labels: books