<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Time sink 

If you want to burn up some time, go to Imgur.

In fact, if you don't have any time on your hands, go there anyway.

You will get hooked and be forced to give up the myriad other ways you are currently wasting your time but don't yet think of it that way.

I go to the most popular each day and start to work my way through the deck.

I have to quit before I get to yesterday or a repeat. And I am fascinated.

What is good here is that there are microbursts of goodness. Hit "next" and there you are. Something that thousands of others voted as worth being on the front page.

You will have to figure out a way to stop I suppose. I have never made it to the end but then I just get a headache or something.

It is also good because it gives you a look at what other people think is funny or interesting and, surprisingly, but not to me, you will find that people are witty and canny and have a great ability to find fun out of very little.

I also read the comments when it looks like they might be good. They usually are.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?