<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 25, 2014

Gay pap 

Today's movie was the third in a gay film franchise.

Eating Out: All You Can Eat (2009)

It is a gay film franchise because gay men like me are willing to pay for a little romantic comedy that doesn't have all those straight people messing up the fantasy.

This is still romcom but it is gay. A major thing for me, if not all of us.

Settling for less? Not really. It is no better or no worse than the average straight effort but it has the advantage of good looking men and a lot of simulated gay sex (gay men will not have to shut their eyes as we do with the heterofilm) and, most of all, you do not have to think.

Why shouldn't we have pap too?

That said, I have admit to a number of LOL moments as well as tears at the end. The thing about formulas is that they work if you let them and this film had me entirely willing to let go of my pseudo sophistication long enough to have a good time.

See if you can do the same bitches.

Oh.

I did the third one by mistake. What that tells me that the rule of sequels is not true or, more positively, these people (the same ones except the stars) have a good formula which bears repeating.

I won't watch them all at once. Be grateful.

I will give this a 3 out of Netflix5 because I am easy and you get credit for treating me like a real person with real sexual orientation and a need to have my own shit not some straight fantasy. A gay one is much better thank you.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?