<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cracked 

No movie today. The disc came out of the envelope cracked. Later.

The Methodist preacher who married his gay son is found guilty of "sins". He thinks that he will be defrocked. I am not sure what the sins were but it is a sin that this kind of shit still goes on in any religious denomination. I was brought up as a Methodist and I am ashamed of them on a regular basis. They turned right several decades ago and have never come back. I have to admit I have never been "religious" so growing up as a Methodist is a little like being born in a particular town or some other involuntary event. On the other hand, you can't grow up around it without absorbing some of the stuff. Mostly the social stuff. A lot of disapproving old ladies is what I mostly remember. The theology was pretty thin, hard to figure out. I played piano then organ so I was recruited to participate at that level but I pretty much did the job and didn't pay much attention to the message. Maybe I really wasn't listening because I thought that their technical beliefs (as opposed to what everyone practiced) were fairly liberated. I guess I have that confused with some rather liberal pastors I ran into later on in life. Hard to fathom. But then I am biased. The preacher has four kids all gay. So I guess there will be end of him marrying them. They must have done it to cut him off from the pass. Or something. Bastards. I am reduced to name calling it is so preposterous.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?